Thursday, January 5, 2012

There will be no resolutions

I try not to indulge in resolutions. One could say that I resolve not to make resolutions but every year I mess up and after a couple of beers on Dec 31st I think, "No more fried foods! No more sugar! I'll do an Ironman this year!!"


  • This year, I made the same resolutions to eat healthier, yada yada.

  • I broke my first resolution on Jan 1 at 9 a.m. by making and eating stacks and stacks of pancakes.

  • I somehow got talked into pacing someone at AR50 –most likely the last 9 miles from rattlesnake bar to the finish. See that sudden incline at the very right of the grid--that's the part I'm supposed to help with.. Yeah I laughed at that too.

  • I’m pretty sure I can’t manage to do the Pasadena marathon since it will cost me over $500 (flight/hotel/registration, etc)

  • The Modesto Marathon is too close (only 6 weeks) for me to feel that I can get ready adequately.

  • During my first track workout of the year, I felt every single piece of pecan pie, peach pie, apple pie, hot cocoa, bloody mary, and Mai Tai I’ve indulged in over the past few weeks. Every. Single. One.

  • I got on my bike twice this year already. I’ve got a 3rd and 4th ride planned.

  • I still haven’t swam despite a friends’ pleading that I do the Auburn Triathlon on May 20th.

  • Because I was feeling lousy about the marathon issues above, husband came up with some hairbrained scheme for me to simply map out runs that are 26.2 miles long around our area and run those. He even said he would work as support crew for me. He suggested I try to do one in the immediate 5 county area—one in each county and then expand to include every county in California. Some people try to run marathons in all 50 states; I run in all 58 counties in california. Cute. I like to swing for the fences here folks...


  • I joined a new biking group. They seem awfully nice and supportive.

  • I am trying to keep craziness and crazy/emotionally sucking people out of my life, but they keep finding me.

  • This is because they are all in my family.


  • I still don’t have a new phone since the Mai Tai Incident in Hawaii. Not sure if I want an Iphone 4S or if I should wait for the Iphone 5. Or should I just get a Motorola Droid Razr. Fk I don’t know.


  • RugRat#2 made a great vegan dinner from scratch the other day. She picked out the recipes herself, chopped all the veggies and got everything organized. It was the best meal I’ve eaten in a long time. Fettuccine with mushrooms/garlic and marsala wine sauce and Sicilian stuffed Tomatoes. Delish!

  • RugRat #2 and I participated in the Resolution Run once again this year. She got 3rd in her age group (again) even though she puked during the run. I managed to move from AG 9th to AG 7th and PR’d on the course by about 1 minute. Hurray!

  • I still haven’t decided definitively on any races for the year. I am registered for Shamrockn half marathon and the Superbowl Sunday 10k. Other than that, everything is up in the air.

  • Running with Merrill Pace Gloves is fun but very very scary. I'm going to keep going with it though and see what happens. An interesting note is that I find that my regular ASICS running shoes feel like big heavy bricks on my feet and I keep stumbling when I wear those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Please feel free to comment on the post or just say, "Hi"!!!

Well this just happened... Guess I should start writing again...