Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pleasure, Little Treasure

I'm baaaack.

I can't believe I haven't posted in two weeks! I have kept very busy with running, work, biking (!) and a few family dramas. Instead of mindlessly grinding away at a triathlon plan, i've decided to simply do exercise that makes me feel good: in otherwords, pleasurable enjoyable workouts.

  • Run in the late afternoon, not in the early morning.
  • Trail run on the weekends.
  • Mountain Biking!!! I did a great 5 mile ride in granite bay and had the best time I can remember in a long time.















    I realized I have somehow cultivated a whole host of guilty pleasures in my life as well. A lot of these involve slothfulness of some type.

    • The Real housewives of BH
    • Pita bread with pepperoni and oregeno toasted in the toaster oven
    • Reading Vegan Cookbooks and tagging the pages with post it notes
    • Drinking really good coffee until 11 a.m. on the weekends while watching someone else make breakfast
    • A weekend nap between 2 and 4 pm
    • 4pm Teatime just like my indian relatives
    • Intervention
    • Hoarders
    • BIG LOVE!!!!
    • Very very occasionally reading the blogs of people whom I think are, well, freaks.
    • Cranking the thermostat to 70 when my husband isn't home.
    • Sipping a cocktail in the evening while sitting in front of a roaring fire.

      Will be up in Cool this weekend running 10 miles on the trails and will try to do another mountainbike ride. I am trying to talk myself into racing this race in the bay area. Nobody I know will run the half marathon with me, so I would drive down there alone and race alone and drive back alone. But for some reason it is so intriguing! What do you think?
  • 2 comments:

    1. Is the vegan recipe research to balance out the pepperoni & pita? I never get that far with rationalizing my treats. I just stick with 'I deserve it'. :)

      ReplyDelete

    I LOVE comments!!! Please feel free to comment on the post or just say, "Hi"!!!

    Well this just happened... Guess I should start writing again...