Workouts Commence

I turned in my feces, oh, I mean thesis, Monday (11/24) to my new
advisor. He said he would take a look and let me know what more I need
to do in order to finish SOON!

So now i'm back to working out. Funny thing is, I don't want to do it.
I've become accustomed to being fat and lazy. My gut hangs over my
jeans now -- my 13year old informed me it is called a "muffin-top".
Great I hate muffins.

Evenings are punctuated by a glass of red wine.
Or 2. Maybe 3 if it is friday. At 125 calories a glass, that is a lot
of extra "junk in the trunk" (another euphamism that my 13 year old
used to describe me. Nice.)

On Saturday I ran 1.2 miles in 16 minutes. Slow. I ran with the 13
year old and we walked a few times. We both had really great moods
after though.

On Sunday I swam 14 laps in the pool--how far is that? 50X14=700 yards
so almost half-mile.

Today, I'm going to hit the gym for some weights and maybe a little
crossfit. I think I'll try the TWENTY-ONE.

"Twenty-One"
20 push-ups/1 sit-up
19 push-ups/2 sit-ups
18 push-ups/3 sit-ups
17 push-ups/4 sit-ups
16 push-ups/5 sit-ups
15 push-ups/6 sit-ups
14 push-ups/7 sit-ups
13 push-ups/8 sit-ups
12 push-ups/9 sit-ups
11 push-ups/10 sit-ups
10 push-ups/11 sit-ups
9 push-ups/12 sit-ups
8 push-ups/13 sit-ups
7 push-ups/14 sit-ups
6 push-ups/15 sit-ups
5 push-ups/16 sit-ups
4 push-ups/17 sit-ups
3 push-ups/18 sit-ups
2 push-ups/19 sit-ups
1 push-up/20 sit-ups

Hopefully will start running again at 4:30 a.m. soon.

I have to admit I am a little bummed--Sunday December 7 is California
International Marathon. I am registered but not running. I'm really
sad about it and trying to figure out how to mark the occasion. I may
do a long run on the american river bike trail--just to get out and
see nature and celebrate that my legs still work, and my heart is
still beating.
What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Run Mama: the tale (tail) of the broken butt

Suck it up, buttercup!