Friday Five.. the 2015 edition
6 months? really? Ok, lets dive in with an easy Friday 5.
- CIM-- deferred to 2016. Training was going well until mid October when a whole host of issues came up.. Illness, medication changes, lack of motivation...By the time early november came along, I knew my quest had to be postponed. Luckily, CIM instituted a deferral program just. this. year.
- New races in 2016! Not just CIM on the docket. Shamrockn' half marathon is on my calendar -- I even registered the first day so I could get the awesome gift of a trucker hat. Also on tap is the Super Sunday 5k and the. vancouver. marathon. I think that's enough.
- Did the local turkey trot for the second year in a row. Ran it 20 seconds slower than last year, BUT since i hadn't run at all in the 4 weeks prior to it, I'll take that as a win.
- Read an awesome book by Elizabeth Gilbert called "Big Magic." I cannot say enough good things about it. Please pick it up. Buy it for your friends for Christmas. Buy it for your neighbors. Buy it for yourself.
- Looking at this and thinking , "what the *&^#$* are you thinking?"
|Pic of me on the Sacbee website. I knew it would pay off to wear hot pink in a sea of green!|