Monday, December 6, 2010

CIM is the best race ever...

First: I COMPLETED CIM!!!
Second: Chip time was 4:37
Third: Garmin time (excludes porta-potty stops) was 4:32.
Fourth: Weather was a perfect 53 degrees at the start. No rain.

After so many years of trying to get to CIM, I finally crossed both the start line and the finish line. I am still floored that I actually finished.

I don't know that I can provide many details of the race since it is all a big blur. I did see TONS of friends and acquaintances along the route who were cheering and that made a big difference. Thank you! Hubby and both RugRats also positioned themselves at key areas and cheered for me..My brother (brother J) even drove in from SF and took video of me making the final turn toward the finish line.

After getting home and showering (hubby said I smelled so bad he had to roll down the windows--Thanks!) I was famished. Since it was also Hubby's birthday on CIM day, and he had spend the whole first half of his day doing something for me, he bugged off the lunch and went mtn bike riding in Foresthill. Brother J and I and Rugrat #2 went to Mikuni's sushi for a celebratory late lunch. It was awesome. Nothing like raw fish and rice to fill up on after a marathon. Brother J tried to get me to drink some Sake, but that was not about to happen.

I got home and laid down for awhile and watched some TV thinking that I might fall asleep but I couldn't. Instead I indulged in two hours of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills". :)


While watching TV, I realized that two toenails are really loose and my weird calluses on the side of my big toe turned into a giant blood blister. Gross.

Dinner time came and since I was in no position to cook and Hubby didn't want to cook, we brought home some takeout and watched a Harry Potter movie in front of a roaring fire while a wind and rain and hailstorm raged outside.

It was the perfect end to a great day.

3 comments:

I LOVE comments!!! Please feel free to comment on the post or just say, "Hi"!!!

Well this just happened... Guess I should start writing again...