Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dratsdratsdratsdratsdratsdrats

Sports Med doc says no CIM. She said that I have a significant right leg weakness and there isn't enough time before CIM to correct the imbalance with weight training. The weakness is in turn totally screwing up my gait and causing my IT Band problems--

She said if I try to run CIM I probably would cause enough damage that I wouldn't be able to run for 6 months.

Drats!!!

So I guess I'll do the strengthening exercises she prescribed and see what happens. I don't really have a choice. I did indulge in half a glass of wine last night. I've been a teetotaler for the past few weeks because of my training. I guess that's a silver lining.

Double drats!

7 comments:

  1. OH NO!! I am so sorry. :( However, it is better to sit one out than do more damage. In the end, you will be happy you did. Although, we have worked hard and have come so close so I TOTALLY understand how frustrating the news would be.

    Ahh wine! I too have tried to lay off the drinking while training. Enjoy your glass! Have one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, sorry to hear about your issues. I know how frustrating it all is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that stinks. I had something similar when I had tendinitis in my ankle. My PT told me that weak muscles were altering my gait and that was contributing to the tendinitis. Take care and definitely do some strengthening and stretching exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear this! I hope everything heals up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Major bummer!!! But for sure, there'll be other races you can do when you're back to 100%. Hopefully that'll be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. POOPSICLES! That totally sucks. But yes, it's better to be cautious now than to totally f*ck something up later and require tons of rehab. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about you not getting to run CIM :-( It sounds like you have a good sports med doctor, the way she pinpointed the problem to the weakness and imbalance. How long will it take to fix? Heal up!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Please feel free to comment on the post or just say, "Hi"!!!

Well this just happened... Guess I should start writing again...