4 a.m. run and the hulk



Began my 4:30 a.m. runs again today. It was really tough getting out
of the nice warm bed to go into 34 degree weather. Really tough.

Dressed in layers--something I haven't done in a long time. Thick REI
tights, REI longsleeve top and then a short sleeve top over that--and
a running jacket, with earwarmer, and gloves.

Had hot coffee, a chocolate gu and water. Hooked IPOD to my ears and was off.

Within half a mile I was sweating. Since I was easing into my running,
we only did 2 miles and at the turn around point I shed the jacket and
tied it around my waist. Perfect.

Pretty slow today--1 mile was at 9:30 and the way back was a lot
slower, 10:25 or something like that. But hell it is a start and my TP
(training partner) said she thought I did well all things considered.

That's it. Going to CIM expo to meat Dirt Diva, Catra tomorrow--even
though I am not running, I am going to pick up the $95T-shirt I got
for registering. :) My friends told me I'm not supposed to wear a
shirt unless I actually COMPLETE the race, but "eff'em". If I pay $95
for a race, I'm wearing the damn shirt.

Oh, here is something pretty funny. Last night I went shopping at the
local mall. I wanted to buy something for myself--a dress
specifically--that I've been eyeing for a month or so now. It was
originally $175, then went down to $99, then to $59 and yesterday I
got the Banana Republic e-mail that it was $39.99!!! I called my local
BR and asked if they had the dress in stock in two sizes (I wasn't
sure which size I would be). They said, "yes, we'll hold both sizes
for you."

So I raced to BR. I skipped to the dressing room with the two dresses.
I put the smaller of the two dresses on. Common sense would have told
me that since I struggled so much to get it on, it wouldn't be pretty
trying to get it off. As I've said before, I have wide shoulders/back.
So I managed to get the dress on. (You all see where this is going,
don't you?)

Then I couldn't get the dress off.

I struggled, I squirmed I tried to pull it over my shoulders, but
everytime I did that my arm/shoulder muscles felt like there were
tournaquets on them. So I tried to pull it down over my hips. Nope. So
there I was stuck. I tried again. I opened the dressing room door and
looked out. For once, a sales "Mosquito" wasn't buzzing around asking
if I needed help. Great. I peered out further into the store, but I
couldn't see anyone.

So I went back into the dressing room and did something bad. Really bad.

I flexed my back muscles and the damn dress tore. Not the seam--THE FABRIC.
6 inch gash down the back of the dress.
I was able to finally get out of the dress. I hung it up on the
hanger, got dressed and went out to find a sales person to tell. I
felt bad that I tore it.
I couldn't find anyone except one woman behind the counter who was on
the phone with her boyfriend for 5 minutes. She kept talking while I
waited and I got annoyed.

So I put the dress back in the dressing room and left.

I'm not sure if I should cut back on the swimming or what.
When I got home, my repeated the story to hubby and 13 year old who
promptly reminded me that two years ago I tried on a shirt at a store
and --again tried to squeeze into it. The top two buttons popped off
and flew across the dressing room.

Nice. Thanks for reminding me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Run Mama: the tale (tail) of the broken butt

Suck it up, buttercup!