Boom and Bust
It's been a very long time since I've posted mostly because I didn't know what to write about. My life is so different than it was a year ago, I hardly recognize myself.
- I am still not able to run. I've been to several doctors, PTs etc but to no avail. All diagnoses confirm the first --high hamstring tendinopathy.
- I've had several instances of grand improvement for a short time period (I.e. a few days) where I have no pain.
- Then I do something as simple as bend down to pick something up and my injury comes back along with the pain.
- I feel like if I do heavy weights at the gym, the resulting muscle soreness diminishes my awareness of the tendon pain.
- MRI completely normal in September 2012
- MWFSu I do core work from an iTunes App from "Daniel Miller"
- TThSa I do my PT exercises.
- Somewhere during the week I do some weights at the gym
- I ran on the treadmill 1 mile last week at 13:45 pace. I just went ahead and said "fuck it". My heart rate was 155 at the end of 1 mile
- Listened to some podcasts by clinician Jill Cook specifically on HHT and I learned a lot about things I've been doing incorrectly for nearly a year,specifically stretching and compressing the injury.
- I am now using a Donut-of-shamehttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1KN0DZ7994&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA.
Believe it or not, I am more hopeful about this stupid injury that has sidelined me for so long. I see what I need to do to get better--it's just a matter of implementation.