Thursday, August 13, 2009

I ran 5 miles in the dirt

Our last weekly workout last night. The trail run class was awesome.

I ran 5 miles in the heat and dirt.
I was really slow and today my ankle hurts. Not as bad as it did before but it still hurts.

I am angry. REALLY ANGRY about all the effort I put into this class and that my speed gains have been blown 1.5 weeks before the race. I don't know if I should do the race or just bag it or cut to the 5 miler or what. Doc says no risk of permanent damage, but "Karen you need to respect the pain and be smart."

Blah.
Sorry i'm in a bad mood about my throbbing ankle.

Oh, and RugRat #1 (17 years old) wants to join a cult. We tried to talk her out of it, but she's been brainwashed pretty quickly. Woke up at 4:30 a.m. to find my husband crying his eyes out. He doesn't know what to do; I don't know what to do since she lives with her mom full time (hubbies beeach-ex--wife)She bailed on our plans for her to come spectate my race on sunday--because the CULT wants her to do some things with them on Sunday. I told her it hurt my feelings to be dumped and left it at that. Double Blah.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. It sounds like a lot of sh*t right now. I have nothing productive to say except hang in there. It has to get better eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen I am sorry about your frustrations. Nothing worse than an injury before the race. Hope things start looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cult? Holy cow! I am wishing you well.

    So, so sorry about the aches and pains. I agree; respect the pain.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Please feel free to comment on the post or just say, "Hi"!!!

Well this just happened... Guess I should start writing again...