Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Steve in a Speedo Interviewed Me

Steve in a Speedo Interviewed me and here are the questions and my answers. Enjoy!

Interview Questions:

1.) What's your best and your worst race experience? Explain.
Best experience was running the American River Half Marathon last year. I felt great--everyone was allowed to use IPODS so I listened to awesome music the whole time and I PR'd. Worst--there are two. My first half marathon ever, I took off too fast and at mile 5 my IT Band locked up so bad that I hobbled the remaining 7 or 8 miles and had to be off my feet for 2 months. The other worst one was my very first triathlon ever. I got in the lake and panicked--I basically had an anxiety attack and ended up dead last out of the water. It took me 45 minutes to swim half mile. It was humiliating.


2.) What was the race that got you "hooked?" Explain.
It was probably the crappy triathlon I detailed above--only because I realized that I needed to train in the water a lot more and after training I did another sprint tri two years later and finished the swim in 17 minutes--I cut my time in half! After doing that I realized I could do just about anything! In terms of running, I ran XC in high school and there was a local meet where the hill was crazy steep--we called it suicide hill. During the meet, I was upset about a boyfriend--prom issue and ended up sprinting up the hill passing everyone. It was kind of cool.

3.) If you could replace one leg of a triathlon (swim, bike, run) with ANYTHING else (canoe, 1/4 mile of monkey bars, off-road baja car race, pull-up challenge, etc), what part would you replace? Why? What would the new leg be? Why?
I would replace the swim with a girlscout cookie eating contest. I think it would make the bike and run portions VERY interesting because I don't think girls scout cookies settle down in the stomach very easily.

4.) If you could only wear one style of undies for 2 months, would it be thongs or granny-panties? Please explain.
I'd go commando cause it would just be easier than trying to pick between the two other choices.

5.) You're using a hammer and you accidently smash your thumb. What's your reaction? Silent rage? Deep grunt as you bite your tongue? "Golly-gee?" "Holy F***?"
I'd scream like a panther jumping from a tree onto a small animal.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, your answers to #2 and #4 are the same as mine. And I bet eating girl scout cookies during a race is much harder than it sounds!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Please feel free to comment on the post or just say, "Hi"!!!

Well this just happened... Guess I should start writing again...